Here are some benefits of having Solar Panels in Spain. They are those that are launched in homes and industries but maintain their connection to the electricity grid. Isolated solar installations are not self-consumption, nor are those projects designed exclusively for the subsequent sale of energy.
In short, the purpose of solar panels for self-consumption is to make use of the energy generated directly.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONSUMPTION WITH AND WITHOUT SURPLUSES? NO SURPLUS
They do not derive solar energy to the electrical network. Administrative procedures are minimal: incorporate a specific technical team that blocks the possible discharge of the energy produced into the grid.
They derive solar energy to the electricity grid at certain times of the day. Within this modality we can define two new subgroups:
• Based on compensation: for homes such as industries with power that does not exceed 100 kW. In these cases, the electricity supplier applies a reduction in our bill equivalent to the total energy poured into the grid.
• Without simplified compensation: it can only be applied in powers higher than 100 kW. Compensation is not used as a system, but the surpluses dumped into the network are sold at the price established by current legislation.
ARE THERE TAXES ON SOLAR PANELS SPAIN FOR SELF-CONSUMPTION?
No. These were eliminated as of October 2018.
In Spain, mechanisms are already operating capable of compensating for the differences between surpluses and deficits in self-consumption facilities of no more than 100 kW.
In addition, the energy that reaches homes from solar panels connected to the grid is governed by the same regulation like that of the rest of the home. Contact Solar Panels Spain Malaga S.L. for more information.
WHAT ARE THE NEWS OF THE SOLAR ENERGY LAW?.
With the current regulations, there are important variations that can be summarized in the following sections:
• It is not necessary to make the request for access and connection for the mentioned photovoltaic installations without surpluses and some other exceptions. Therefore, facilities without surpluses of less than 100 kW, those with no surplus whose associated consumer provides all consumption permits and those with up to 15 kW with surpluses.
• Neither is it mandatory to start up a generation meter in projects with solar panels for self-consumption.
• The power limit for self-consumption in relation to the contracted levels is abolished. In the same way, the sum of all installed powers is no longer conditioned by the power set by the contract.
IS SHARED SELF-CONSUMPTION POSSIBLE?
Yes, this is one of the great novelties of Royal Decree-Law 15/2018. With a single connection, it can be supplied to several homes.
From a practical point of view, the connection between the solar panels and the point of consumption can be made through a home network or direct line.
There is also the alternative of using the low voltage network, provided that the compensations marked by the electrical model are paid and the following requirements are met:
• Have a close cadastral reference between the different elements.
• Be less than 500 meters apart.
HOW ARE PHOTOVOLTAIC SURPLUSES DEDUCTED FROM THE INVOICE?
This reduction is reflected in the monthly invoice. However, this figure will vary depending on the price of energy at the exact moment of discharge to the grid. Solar Panels Spain Malaga S.L. can get you the result you need.
The trading companies offer a certain amount to compensate for that surplus energy. Once this information is known, each user can accept the offer or change to another electricity company that offers better benefits.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN IMPROVEMENTS THAT THIS LAW HAS BROUGHT?
• Reduce bureaucracy. This essential process is now much easier than before.
• Savings in materials and equipment. It is no longer necessary to purchase measurement systems that are capable of verifying the amount of energy generated.
• Ownership of the contract. The owner of the contract for a self-consumption installation does not have to coincide with the identity of the person who closes the agreement with the electricity company.
• Shared self-consumption. The neighbouring communities also lighten their bureaucratic procedures if they decide to install solar panels at home and, in addition, their common electricity bills experience notable decreases every month.
• No power limits.
Article By Charlie Montegriffo
María Luisa De Castro
María founded CostaLuz Lawyers in 2006 and is the Firm’s Director. María is registered Lawyer number 2745 of the Cadiz Bar Association and is licensed to practice in all areas of law throughout Spain. Working closely with her team, María has developed the firm into one of the most highly regarded and trusted Spanish Law Firms acting for English speaking clients with legal problems in Spain